The sponsors of the Djenne Manuscript Library are ( in chronological order):
- European Union (Construction);
- US Embassy(Construction);
- USAID-Mali (Construction);
- Orange-Mali (Material);
- British Library:Endangered Archives Programme. (Digitization of manuscripts ; material and training)
- Hôtel Djenne-Djenno ( Calligraphy Competition);
- Association MaliMali (assitance with archivists’ salaries).
The Library would like to express its gratitude to all its sponsors, past and present.
The Djenné Manuscript Library seeks new sponsorship in order to increase its capacities in particular in the fields of cataloguing; conservation and the continuation of the ambitious digitization programme.
This programme, so important for the preservation of the rich written heritage of Djenné, sponsored by the British Library (EAP), will come to an end in July 2013.